This is my own story, experience and regular practice. It tells you how tiny habits of mine gave multiple health benefits by time. I would like to share the same to the readers to follow and practice. Here I am sharing my simple, but very effective secret to all.
I have a habit of waking at 6 AM in the morning. As a single parent, it is my duty to prepare meals for my children to send them to school and college early morning. This is a regular morning practice. As a father, yes, it is of course a boring activity in the morning.
At the beginning, it was really tough for me as I was waking only after 8 AM.
Because my wife was there for my children to make them ready, cook meals for
breakfast and pack lunch to their school. After her demise, it came to my shoulder.
Initial days it was really boring for me as I need to wake far before the
regular time I was earlier, cook meals etc.. I was absolutely a lazy person
when my wife was with us.
Anyway, there were no options left in front of me than do the morning duties
without fail. As a person retired far before and sitting in my home alone after
my children went to school, I was really bored. So I thought to re-structure my
morning practices to change my days in a better way.
My Morning Routine Became My New Beginning
That decision slowly changed my mornings.
What started as a responsibility gradually became a routine. And that routine
eventually became something I began to look forward to. Instead of seeing the
early morning as a boring part of my day, I started using those quiet hours for
myself.
I did not make a complicated plan. I did not join an expensive programme or
follow some extraordinary lifestyle. I simply introduced a few small habits
into my morning and continued doing them regularly.
The interesting thing is that one small habit encouraged another.
Waking up early gave me time. That extra time allowed me to move my body, enjoy
the morning sunlight, read, eat better and begin my day with a clearer mind.
These are the six simple habits that became part of my morning routine.
Habit 1: Wake Up at 6 AM and Take a Cold Shower
The first change was getting out of bed at 6 AM.
For someone who had been accustomed to waking after 8 AM, this was not easy
in the beginning. There were mornings when my bed felt much more comfortable
than getting up. But once I started doing it regularly, my body gradually
became accustomed to the new schedule.
After getting up, I take a shower, and I prefer a cold shower. The cold
water gives me an immediate feeling of being awake and refreshed. It also
creates a small challenge at the very beginning of the day. Instead of
searching for comfort immediately after waking, I do something that requires a
little discipline.
A cold shower is not necessary for everyone, and people with certain medical
conditions should be cautious with sudden cold exposure. For me, however, it
became a refreshing part of my morning.
Advantages
·
Helps me feel more awake and refreshed.
·
Creates a strong sense of starting the day
actively.
·
Builds discipline by doing something slightly
uncomfortable.
·
Gives me a feeling of freshness after waking.
·
Can make the morning feel more energetic.
·
Helps break the habit of staying in bed after
waking.
·
Gives me a small daily victory before the day's
responsibilities begin.
The biggest benefit for me is perhaps not the cold water itself.
It is the habit of getting up and taking action instead of
postponing the morning.
Habit 2: Drink a Glass of Warm Water With Lemon
After my morning routine, I drink a glass of warm water with lemon.
It is one of the simplest habits in my routine. There is nothing expensive
or complicated about it. It is simply water with some fresh lemon.
Water is essential for hydration, and drinking water in the morning is an
easy way to start the day by replacing fluids lost during the night. Lemon also
adds some vitamin C and makes plain water more enjoyable for many people.
I do not consider lemon water a miracle drink or a magical way to remove
toxins from the body. The body already has its own systems for handling waste.
For me, the real value is that it encourages me to drink water first thing in
the morning.
Advantages
·
Helps begin the day with hydration.
·
Makes drinking water more enjoyable.
·
Lemon provides some vitamin C.
·
Can be a refreshing alternative to sugary
morning drinks.
·
May help establish a consistent hydration habit.
·
Provides a simple and inexpensive morning
ritual.
·
Helps me avoid beginning the day with
unnecessary sugary beverages.
Sometimes the best habits are not the complicated ones.
They are the habits that are simple enough to repeat every single
day.
Habit 3: Walk a Few Kilometers
Once my morning responsibilities are under control, I try to walk for a few kilometers.
Walking is one of the simplest forms of exercise, but it can have a
surprisingly positive effect on the way I feel. I do not need expensive
equipment, a gym membership or complicated training plans. All I need is a
comfortable pair of shoes and a little time.
The morning walk gives me an opportunity to move my body after spending
hours sleeping and preparing for the day. It also gives my mind some quiet
time.
Sometimes I walk while thinking about my plans for the day. Sometimes I
simply observe what is happening around me.
Advantages
·
Supports cardiovascular health.
·
Helps maintain physical fitness.
·
Burns calories and supports healthy weight
management.
·
Strengthens and activates the muscles of the
legs.
·
Can improve stamina over time.
·
Can support better mood and mental well-being.
·
Provides time away from screens and household
distractions.
·
Can become a sustainable form of daily exercise.
The important point is that you do not necessarily have to begin with
several kilometers.
Start with what you can comfortably do and gradually build the
habit.
A short walk done consistently can be more useful than an ambitious exercise
plan that you abandon after a week.
Habit 4: Sit Under the Morning Sunlight
After walking, I like to spend some quiet time sitting in the morning
sunlight.
There is something special about sitting quietly outdoors in the morning.
The air feels different, the surroundings are usually calmer, and there are
fewer distractions.
Morning light also plays an important role in regulating the body's internal
clock, or circadian rhythm. Getting natural light earlier in the day can help
support a healthy sleep-wake pattern.
For me, however, it is more than just sunlight. It is a peaceful pause
before the rest of the day becomes busy.
Of course, sunlight exposure should be sensible. Too much ultraviolet
exposure can damage the skin, so there is no need to sit in strong sunlight for
long periods or deliberately seek excessive sun exposure.
Advantages
·
Supports a healthy body clock.
·
Can help establish a consistent sleep-wake
rhythm.
·
Gives the mind a peaceful period before the day
becomes busy.
·
Provides an opportunity to spend time outdoors.
·
Can improve the feeling of being refreshed and
mentally ready.
·
Creates a natural break from indoor life and
screens.
·
Makes the morning routine more enjoyable.
· Enough for getting Vitamin D.
Sometimes we spend so much time searching for complicated solutions that we
forget the simple things already available around us.
Fresh air, natural light and a quiet morning can be surprisingly
valuable.
Habit 5: Read a Few Pages of a Book in the Morning Sunlight
This is one of my favorite parts of the routine.
After my walk, I sit in the morning sunlight and read a few pages of a book.
I don't set myself the target of finishing an entire book quickly. I simply
read a few pages. Sometimes it may be only ten or fifteen minutes.
The beauty of this habit is its simplicity. A few pages may not appear to
make much difference on a single day. But when you read a few pages every
morning, those small efforts accumulate.
A book can introduce you to ideas, experiences and knowledge that you may
never encounter in your everyday life.
Advantages
·
Helps develop a regular reading habit.
·
Keeps the mind engaged and learning.
·
Can improve vocabulary and general knowledge.
·
Provides time for reflection and concentration.
·
Gives the mind a break from social media and
constant digital stimulation.
·
Exposes you to new ideas and different
perspectives.
·
Can become a valuable source of personal growth.
·
Creates a calm and meaningful start to the day.
You don't have to read fifty pages every morning.
Read five pages. Read ten pages. Just keep reading.
Small knowledge accumulated consistently can eventually become a very large
personal resource.
Habit 6: A Simple Breakfast With Eggs, Banana and Milk
After completing my morning activities, I have a simple breakfast that
usually includes two eggs, one banana and a glass of milk.
I like this breakfast because it is simple, filling and easy to prepare.
Eggs provide protein and several important nutrients. Bananas provide
carbohydrates, fibre and nutrients such as potassium. Milk provides protein,
calcium and other nutrients, depending on the type of milk chosen.
Of course, everyone's nutritional needs are different. A breakfast that
works well for me may not be ideal for someone else, particularly for people
with allergies, dietary restrictions or specific health conditions.
The important lesson is not that everyone must eat exactly these three
foods.
The lesson is to make breakfast simple, nutritious and consistent.
Advantages
·
Eggs provide a convenient source of high-quality
protein.
·
Banana provides carbohydrates for energy and
useful nutrients.
·
Milk provides protein and calcium.
·
Protein can help support muscle maintenance and
fullness.
·
A balanced breakfast can help prevent
unnecessary snacking for some people.
·
The meal is relatively simple and quick to
prepare.
·
Having a regular breakfast can make it easier to
maintain a structured morning routine.
For me, breakfast is not just about filling my stomach.
It is the final part of preparing my body and mind for the day
ahead.
Six Small Habits, One Big Change
When I look back, none of these habits appears extraordinary.
Waking up at 6 AM is not extraordinary.
Drinking water is not extraordinary.
Walking is not extraordinary.
Sitting in the morning sunlight is not extraordinary.
Reading a few pages is not extraordinary.
Eating a simple breakfast is not extraordinary.
But something interesting happens when ordinary habits are repeated
consistently.
They begin to shape your days.
And when your days change, your weeks change. When your weeks change, your
months change. Eventually, your lifestyle can change without you even noticing
exactly when it happened.
That is what I experienced.
I did not set out to completely transform my life overnight. I simply wanted
to make my mornings better.
The routine gave me something that I had been missing: structure,
movement, quiet time, learning and a sense of purpose at the beginning of every
day.
Conclusion: Your Morning Can Change Your Life
Life sometimes forces us to change in ways we never expected.
In my case, circumstances changed my responsibilities. What initially felt
like a burden eventually became an opportunity to rebuild my mornings.
I learned something important from that experience.
You don't always need a dramatic change to improve your life.
Sometimes you need six small habits and the determination to repeat them.
You don't have to wake at exactly 6 AM if your circumstances require a
different schedule. You don't have to take a cold shower if it is unsuitable
for you. You don't have to walk several kilometers on your first day. And you
certainly don't need to copy someone else's routine exactly.
Start with what is practical for you.
Wake a little earlier. Drink some water. Walk. Get some natural morning
light. Read a few pages. Eat a sensible breakfast.
Then do it again tomorrow.
And again the next day.
Because the real power of a healthy routine is not found in doing something
impressive once.
It is found in doing something simple consistently.
My mornings began as a responsibility.
They eventually became my personal time.
And what I once considered a boring morning routine became one of the most
valuable parts of my day.
Sometimes, a better life does not begin with a big decision. It
begins with what you do tomorrow morning.
****
Thanks for reading. Share your morning habits - Sherin
source https://beautiwell.blogspot.com/2026/08/simple-morning-habits-for-a-healthier-life.html
source https://beautiwell.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-six-simple-morning-habits-that.html
source https://beautiwell.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-six-simple-morning-habits-that_0306752217.html
source https://beautiwell.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-six-simple-morning-habits-that_0553940516.html

0 Comments
Commenting on our fast growing and highly recognized blog not only help creating quality backlinks but also generate awesome traffic to your site. Both are free!!